Sunday, May 16, 2010

Music Disclaimer and a Lazy Weekend

I have to put a disclaimer on the music. I love the music on Benjamin & Timothy's Mommy's webpage, but I didn't have the patience to figure out how to do it. So, Tim took charge and edited this portion of the blog for me. His music selection is what he thinks belongs on a blog, or what reminds him of the boys. I have to say that Brady's favorite song...Hannah Montana's, "Party in the USA" didn't make his list, though! Why not, Honey?

This week seemed really long to all of us. The highlights were Jordan's Spring Football game on Wednesday and a weekend absolutely no plans. Brady, Tanner and I went to the football game and the weather was really nice. The weird scrimmage scoring meant that no one in our little threesome knew what was going on or if Jordan was "winning." The team looked fine, the cheerleaders were great, and we were not subjected to an HCHS drill team performance. A good scrimmage all around.

Tim finally returned from his weekly travels around 11 PM on Friday. His week consisted of travel with weather challenges, late nights with St. Rob on the East Coast, a return to Houston where he stayed about 12 hours only to pick up a jacket for a sales pitch the next day, then a return flight with weather, deplaning, circling Houston, arriving to find no cabs at the airport and an unsympathetic wife that was unwilling to load a sleeping teenager, 4-year old and 2-year old to take a trip to the airport to retrieve him. No end in sight to his travels at least 3 nights a week. And, Tim loves this job.

We didn't do much at all this weekend, and the rain in Houston made this an easy decision. We made a football cake in honor of Jordan's spring game for the weekly dinner with Uncle Grant, Kenzie and Mom on Friday. Some shopping and a trip to the library on Saturday and church followed by Dad's and Pam's house today. Tanner took a spill off of the couch onto the hardwoods. His head hit the floor very hard and he cried for some time, which is most unlike Tanner. So, I will be waking him every four hours tonight and tomorrow. He acts fine, but we are troubled by the lack of swelling. Poor Tann!

Did I mention that every waking moment has to be spent playing baseball? I never thought that I'd say this, but I can't wait for football season!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment