Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Weekend

Saturday, Brady, Tanner and I went to a play at the AD Players Children's Theatre, courtesy of Darrell at my work. I debated long and hard before I decided to take Tanner. Darrell assured me that everyone had kids, it's a small theater, and the seats are close enough to the door to make a quick getaway if necessary. So, the three of us went.
The boys were so still and engaged. Neither said a word except to occasionally ask, "Why are they doing that, Mommy?" or "Who is that guy?" The play was called "Alice, Now!" and is an adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Afterwards, the boys were able to have the cast sign a postcard of the cast photo and they could ask questions of the actors. Tanner would go up to each actor and hand them the postcard where Brady is too shy to do that.

After naps, we went to Kenzie's mom's house for a swim. Uncle Grant and Kenzie were nice enough to stay in the cold pool so that the boys could kick around on the steps for a couple of hours. A note on swimming for those that don't know...both boys had a two-week every day session last summer and that went pretty well. Then, we went to once a week. Brady never warmed up to the lessons again. All winter, he has been reminding me NOT to sign him up for swim lessons. So, both boys are starting weekly lessons again on May 29th. This will be traumatic for Brades. After swimming, we went to dinner with Pops. This went much better than the dinner with Uncle Grant's pants earlier in the weekend.

On Mother's Day, Brady and Grandma went with Uncle Grant to the Astros game again. This time, Grant made the mistake of promising that they could stay the entire game. When the game went into extra innings, Grant asked if he had seen enough. Brady reminded Grant that he promised to stay the entire game. So, 11 innings later they came back home in time for Grant to cook steaks. My contribution to the meal was baked potatoes and green beans from HEB. But, I did make homemade bacon bits...and you people say that I can't cook???

Brady is completely out of control with baseball. We have to be either outside letting him hit off of the tee and run around the bases, or we have to be inside with the squishy ball and bat where I have to be the pitcher and the fans at the same time. This is a challenge because it requires me to sit on our stairs and remain seated until it's time to cheer while I pitch the ball.

He also remembers everything about the Astros games. Days after the Mothers Day game, he told me, "Mommy, some of the baseball players spit brown and some of them spit white. Do the Astros spit brown, or are they the team that spits white?" I responded that I didn't know. At what age does one explain smokeless tobacco?

No comments:

Post a Comment