Tanner was so terrified of the mechanical bull that he actually said, "I don't want to ride that bull, Mommy." This type of behavior is unheard of for Tanner. We saw cows and rabbits and we rode some more rides. Then we headed to the arena. Unfortunately, it was donkey and mule weekend. Strange agility courses were there for these donkeys to navigate with a handler.
Brady kept asking, "What are they doing with that pony?"
Mommy replied, "It's a donkey, Brady."
Brady: "What are they doing with that donkey?"
Mommy: "Leading him through that course."
Brady: "Why?"
Mommy: Long pause..."I have no idea."
Really, WHY????
On Saturday, Brady, Tanner and I tried to go to the park early in the morning, but it started raining as soon as we arrived. It also turned cold again. We went to the doctor for a strange diaper rash on Tanner. Fungal, now we have meds. We picked up the shot records for current and future school applications. Uncle Grant came over and played dodge ball with the boys. We went to the mall to return some things, and the three of us ate dinner at Target (see below).
Tim's Saturday consisted of working out (big surprise) and watching basketball with Jordan. He also had a super-urgent project arise in the middle of his Saturday afternoon...he was supposed to go to Canada later this week for a prospective client meeting. He decided to make sure that he had all of his travel arrangements in one place, and when he looked at his passport, it expired February 2010. Now he is working with the emergency section of the passport expediting service, which is never a good place to know. I just hope this is all legal.
Sunday, Brady and Tanner went to Maddie's 4th birthday party. It was time for lunch by the time we were done with the celebration. We mentioned pizza, to which Brady replied, "I want pizza from Target." (This was an all-time low for me.) We talked him out of Target pizza and we went to a real pizza place for lunch. Since Tim is a big Tanner fan, I thought they should sit together at the restaurant. Tanner was hopped up on sugar from the party and the entire meal he ran from one end of the booth to where Tim was sitting (maybe 3 feet) and bodyslammed Tim, time after time. I'm glad I chose the right boy to sit by...my boy just whined and demanded for me to give him gum. When we were safely back in the car, Brady requested that I open his bag of Chex mix from the party. I'm so glad we paid for a meal at the real pizza place. We went to church, and afterwards Brady said, "I want to go to Pop's house." He loves his routines, but we had to inform him that we went to the 6:30 PM church rather than the 9:30 AM church. Past Pop's (and Brady's) bedtimes.
The boys were exhausted tonight and they went to sleep after 2 stories and 5 minutes of rocking. I am just now updating this because I had to hold Brady a little longer. After Maddie's 4th b-day, I am finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that Brady is going to be in pre-K next year. He is so big that he barely fits across my lap in the recliner. And Tanner requests, "I want to go to my bed," so before I know it there will be no babies to rock. Dolce, do you want to come sit in Mommy's lap?

Love the new blog!!!! I am definitely going to keep up with the Watkins Five! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYay, welcome to Blogger-ville! It's so fun to hear your updates and see pics of the boys. And it makes a nice online scrapbook, too!
ReplyDeleteI am really enjoying following your blog. The information and photos are great. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend.
ReplyDelete